
Four point six inches!! Holy cow. Baby Sprout is getting huge!
So I know I haven't made a post in weeks. At first I think I was afraid to get my hopes up and really believe this is true. And then after that, well, I just forget and get lazy.
I had some pretty miserable weeks early on, weeks 6 - 10. All day nausea, off and on puking, and fatigue were a struggle. But as hard as it has been, I was greatful for symptoms. We've had a few appointments with our midwife and all have been very positive. And although the last several weeks I have felt much better, I still feel and get sick from time to time. Last night my tomato soup tasted good going down, and not so good coming back up.
At 5 weeks 6 days I had an early ultrasound ordered by my mw, to make sure that little Sprout was in the uterus. I was terrified that we might not get good news. Best words I've ever heard: "You did it right this time!" as spoken by the ultrasound tech, meaning baby was where he was supposed to be. We got a tiny little picture of the little blob which is still on the fridge. And the heartbeat was 120. Pretty stellar to see a heartbeat so early on!
At 10 weeks 2 days the mw was able to pick up Sprout's heartbeat on the doppler- in the 160s. Amazing sound that was. Our last appointment, at 13 weeks 6 days gave us a hb in the 150s. As each day and each appointment comes and goes, it makes it easier to relax and know that everything will be okay. We're going to have a beautiful boy or girl in 23 weeks!
Other symptoms: Terrible skin, new pimples every day. Frequent peeing. Lots of heartburn.

No comments:
Post a Comment